40. Langhorne Slim - The Way We Move
Fine honky tonk piano here and there!
39. Otis Gibbs - Harder Than Hammered Hell
Another raspy voice and silky songwriting
38. Alejandro Escovedo - Big Station
Sabor a mi is enough to secure his place on the list
37. Justin Townes Earle - Nothing's Gonna Change The Way You Feel About Me Now
Finally out of reach of father's giant shadow!
36. Calexico - Algiers
American ambient music visits Africa
35. Ty Segall Band - Slaughterhouse
British Garage (Enlightened Amateurism)
34. Jack White - Blunderbuss
White turns blue from red
33. The Trishas - High, Wide & Lonesome
Tear - jerker of the year!
32. The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
Out of gigantic Dylan's shadow
31. The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth
John Darnielle pays more and more attention to production and less and less to the quality of songs but still he is good enough to be 31.